I love a good party and an excuse for a Girls Night Out, especially when you get to wear a red dress and raise awareness for women’s health and heart disease. The 3rd annual Girl’s Night Out Go Red for Women is approaching fast and I am doing a Ticket Giveaway.
Objective: To raise awareness for the American Heart Association Go Red initiatives. Heart attacks and its symptoms are not always obvious to women. In fact what be perceived as “heartburn” or just some back pain may be an early symptom of a heart attack.
Other possible signs of a heart attack?
1. Extreme Fatigue in the days or weeks leading up to a heart attack.
2. Shortness of breath during normal daily activities.
3. Inability to sleep at night again in the days or weeks leading up to the heart attack.
What can you do to prevent heart disease?
1. Get your Vitamin D levels checked
2. Take a good quality Omega 3 supplement
3. Eat a diet rich in produce eating the rainbow daily
4. Know your numbers: Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Weight
5. Eat good fats such as raw nuts and seeds, coconut oil, extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil, avocados
6. Get 30-minutes of exercise at least 4 days per week
7. Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night and aim to BE to sleep by 10:30pm
8. Reduce stress or finding tools to help reduce it such as yoga, tai chi, prayer, aromatherapy, meditation, whatever method works best for you.
When: Thursday, February 28, from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Where: Alhambra Palace Restaurant, located at 1240 West Randolph Street in the West Loop of Chicago
Purchase VIP Ticket for $35 which includes (1) raffle ticket, swag bag, signature cocktail, light hors d’ oeuvres, complimentary beauty treatments, fashion show, red carpet photos and more! Ticket proceeds benefit the AHA Go Red for Women initiatives.
To enter, like my page, HealthyJasmine and leave a comment below in one thing you learned about signs of a heart attack or how to prevent one. Winner will be chosen on February 26, so hurry!
Disclaimer: Be Bold. Go Red and join B96, 104.3 K-HITS and Bath & Body Works for a fun and charitable event on Thursday, February 28th, at the “Girls Night Out Benefiting Go Red for Women” at Alhambra Palace Restaurant. I was selected to host this giveaway by Sassy Moms in the City and provided complimentary tickets.