Yay, it has been some time since I have posted a recipe. Primarily since I relied on my iPhone for my food pics and had to wait to get a new one (since my other fell in the toilet while potty training my son..)
I just stumbled upon creating this recipe. I was cooking white beans in the crock pot to make butternut squash and white bean soup (will have to try that again), I forgot to let my sister know to turn off the crockpot, so I had well overcooked beans. And when life hands you overcooked beans, you make hummus of course!
- 3 cups of soaked and cooked beans
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 and half Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, depends how garlicky you like it
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan Salt
- 2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp Herbamare
- Add contents in your blender, Vitamix or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
I gave some to my vegetarian neighbor and gave it a thumbs up! Since I made one pound of white beans, it made about 8 cups of hummus.
Crockpot White Beans:
- One pound of white beans soaked over night in 8 cups of water.
- Rinse and place in the crockpot.
- Fill the crockpot up with water until you have about 2 inches of water above the beans.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.