I didn’t begin liking sweet potatoes until I was working at place that made the best sweet potato fries. To this day I cannot find a place that makes them as good as them, but it got me to start eating sweet potatoes. To my surprise I found I really truly enjoyed them. I think I had an awful experience eating them at a Thanksgiving dinner one year as a child. It is amazing they way food is prepared can really affect your ability to like them again for years to come. I kind of felt like I was missing out all those years. I have definitely made up for them and my kids love them due to their natural sweetness. I made this dish for our church’s family gratitude brunch and four pounds of this Citrus Glazed Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Leeks was gone before you can say Thanksgiving. I guess they were a hit!
Citrus Glazed Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Leeks
2 lbs of sweet potatoes peeled and diced
1 leek cut in half and sliced
1/4 cup of fresh orange juice (I used the OJ from Mariano’s, super fresh!)
3 Tbl of Grade B Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of Celtic Salt (very nourishing)
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
2 Tbl of Citrus flavored olive oil (I love Pasolivo Citrus Olive Oil I am a member!)
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- In the Ecofoil Tin place the potatoes and leeks
- In a bowl mix orange juice through salt and pour over potatoes and leeeks
- Drizzle melted coconut oil over mixture and toss altogether
- Bake in oven for 50-60 stirring every 20-min to prevent sticking
- Bake until you get the crispiness you like
- Drizzle the citrus flavored olive oil over the mixture
- Sprinkle about a tsp worth of Himalayan Salt
Simple, sweet and satisfying.
Thank you to EcoFoil Pans for providing the 100% recycled aluminum tins and sponsoring this recipe creation!