If you have never had a frappe, then you are in for a special treat. The ones in Greektown are so good, but also loaded with a lot of sugar and dairy, which does not make my belly happy. I haven’t had one in years, so one morning all by myself, I had yet to touch my coffee and some Linwood flaxseeds sitting on my counter, I thought this may be a good idea and named it Banana Flax Mocha Frappe.
What I loved about this nice treat is the banana brings out its natural sweetness and the flaxseeds makes it extra frothy. Linwoods Superfoods sent me a generous sample box of their products which included:
- Ground Organic Flaxseed
- Ground Flaxseed, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts, & CoQ10
- Ground Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin, & Sesame Seeds & Goji Berries
- Ground Flaxseed, Cocoa, Strawberries, & Blueberries
- Ground Flaxseed & Goji Berries
- Shelled Organic Hemp
I finally tried hemp seeds and was pleasantly surprised how great they are and now add them to our meals for an added protein and Omega 3 boost. Linwoods potent dietary fiber, protein, and good-for-you polyunsaturated fat levels help maintain a healthy body weight and sustain normal blood sugar levels while curbing hunger pangs. Additionally, a 2010 study in The Journal of Nutrition suggests that Flaxseed may help reduce belly fat. The reason is flax’s potent nutrients: flaxseed contains the highest plant-based levels of omega-3s and phytoestrogens called lignans than any other food. This summer, maintain your healthy weight with a healthy and satisfying diet featuring Linwoods.
Banana Flax Mocha Frappe
- 3/4 cup of organic coffee
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp of raw cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Ground Flaxseed, Cocoa, Strawberries, & Blueberries
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 3-5 ice cubes